Congratulations! Your baby girl is almost a year old now. Picking a toy for your baby usually isn't as straightforward as it sounds, especially when the specificity of a 12-month-old girl is included. Every new day after welcoming a new baby, parents learn to understand behavioral patterns of their infant; although this is not without close attention been given to the child as well as emotional intelligence being exhibited by both parents.
At 12 months old, your baby starts to show signs of communication and expression of emotions. These signs will most likely come in the form of squeals, chuckles, babbles and other mumbled sounds.
It portrays the development of the child and shows a readiness to speak and more effective forms of communication. It is the responsibility of the parent to understand these mixed signs and to provide an environment that makes further development possible. Toys form an essential part of childhood as they play a vital role in developing early skills of communication, psychomotor, emotional intelligence, social habits and much more.
When buying a new toy for your 12-month-old girl, it is important to pick toys not just as tools for entertainment, but for early learning and development. If you're having a mild dilemma on what toys to get for your child, here is some help for you.
Best Toys for 12 Month Old Girl: Top Picks
Have a cute, soft and cuddly lamb doll lull your infant to bed. With its collection of nature and womb sounds, you can now be confident of your baby girl getting good sleep while you're not close by.
- Easy to travel with, as hook strap design makes it easy to hook on strollers, car backseats, etc.
- Comes with six pleasant lullabies
- Cry-Activation feature always comes on with first sound selection rather than the last played
The Fisher-Price Brilliant Basics Rock-a-Stack offers some wonderful ways of learning numbers and colors for your kid. The simple design of the cups makes it easy to put them together.
- Helps teach basic ideas of size and shape, in addition to learning numbers and colors
- Easy to familiarize with for baby
- Contains a jingle ball which fits at the top of the cup stack – a good addition
- Not suitable for outdoor playing
With this smart chair, parents only have to input the child's age and the chair plays some sounds and phrases suitable for that age.
- Smart Stages technology helps review and change content for learning as a child gets older
- Convenient for baby to sit
- Feels slightly bulky to be carried around the house
Shaped exactly like an avocado pear, this toy has a smooth and gentle outer surface feel to keep your little girl occupied most of the time. It is divided into two halves, easy for an infant's little fingers to open and close.
- Inbuilt loop and ring make it easily attachable to strollers
- The texture of the material is soft and fun for babies
- Comes in warm, friendly colors
- Prone to getting outgrown by the child quick
- The inner shape of the halves makes it sometimes difficult to close them
As opposed to the prehistoric giant T-rex, this stuffed animal toy from Zooawa looks very cute and lovable to make it a cuddly companion for your 12-month-old.
- Made from high-quality materials that soft to touch and easy to wash
- Adorable to look at
- Perfect size for infant to play with
- Materials are easily flammable. Hence avoid leaving your kid playing with this toy close to an exposed fire
A lot of girls grow to be wonderful singers. But that's difficult to find out at 12 months right? Well, it doesn't matter. With a selection of samples from classics for your baby, groom her knowledge in music with this wonderful product.
- A great and enjoyable music selection
- Ideal for nurturing music talent
- Easy to hold and operate for baby
- Paint on handle loses color easily
The LeapFrog Shapes and Sharing Picnic Basket will help your baby build several social and motor skills, including making her familiar with colors, shapes and more.
- Perfect for sharing as it provides ample room for two kids
- Exciting sounds and songs encourage learning
- Offers good value
- Items in the basket tend to easily get lost
Keep your baby inquisitively busy with the adorable VTech Spin & Learn Color Flashlight. Its beautiful combination of colors in addition to the flashlight is sure to bring happiness and pleasure to your little one.
- Lovely and attractive to infants
- Great value for your money
- Multiple play modes to enhance learning
- Limited in function
When shopping for a 12-month-old baby, you definitely can't go wrong buying a teether. The Itzy Ritzy Silicone Pineapple Teether has a certified safe design and helps provide some soothing for sore gums and newly emerging teeth.
The texture of one side is specifically designed to relieve sore and swollen gum
- Made from 100% safe and non-toxic materials
- The product comes in great alternative shapes
- Could easily pick up dirt when playing outdoors
The PlanToys Owl sorter is an effective option to consider for the learning of shapes and recognition of colors. Its friendly and colorful design will put a smile on the face of your baby.
- Made with durable, non-toxic materials
- Helpful in improving a baby's ability to identify colors
- The small size of blocks is easily outgrown by infant
The amount of time spent on our devices is simply a testament to how interesting and engaging smartphones have become. Predictably, one wouldn't expect the Fisher-Price Laugh & Learn Smart Phone to come with internet connectivity. However, pressing any of its 12 buttons instantly rewards your baby with good entertainment.
- Great collection of fun sounds and educative phrases
- Sleek design, convenient for tiny fingers
- Lacks volume control
This adorable toy keeps your baby amused by producing enjoyable sounds and instrumentals when she presses the hands of the bear.
- Encourages inquisitiveness
- Highly enjoyable compilation of sounds
- Limited range of songs resulting in frequent repetition
A colorful and friendly toy for babies, the Skip Hop Bandana toy will most often keep your baby busy. It is equipped with a soft-textured teether that is easy to have within for mothers.
- Easy to handle for little hands
- Multiple interesting sounds keep baby pleasantly entertained
- Average quality materials
- Not easy to wash
It's never too early for books! The Jellycat Farm Tails Book is a colorful delight, soft and lush with features for your baby to play with.
- It contains a loop design that makes it easily attachable to the car seat or a stroller.
- Fascinating for infants
- Limited sound production
No products found.
No products found.
No products found.
Get this product and watch how the 12-inch-tall and sweet scenting doll instantly wins the heart of your baby. The doll's beautiful, friendly facial expression endears it to your baby and helps groom her emotions.
- Very pretty to look at
- Genuine looking
- Ideal size to manage for baby
- Easy to wash and clean
- Slightly overpriced
Help your child build her vocabulary early with this children's book. With interesting sound effects and various categories of words from topics such as food, colors, clothes, etc., the
LeapFrog Learning Friends 100 Words Book will surely become one of your baby's favorite playthings in a short while.
- Bilingual function with English and Spanish word inclusions
- Interesting sound effects, stimulating baby's curiosity from touch
- Very educative
- Takes a while for the kid to get used to
Disney continued the trend of winning the heart of infants with the most recent installment of the Toy Story series. The slinky plush dog is lovely and fun to play with for kids.
- Extremely soft and cuddly
- The elastic design prevents it from getting overstretched
- considered more often for older kids
Allow your baby to mimic you while making imaginary phone calls with this baby phone. Not only for the fun, but it also packs along with interesting sounds and instrumentals that teach your child letters, numbers and a few basic words.
- Educative sound feature
- Dummy apps open up the child's imagination
- Not moisture proof
The Mary Meyer LilyLlama Crinkle Teether gives a tender feel for your baby to chew and bite on. Featuring an adorable design, this quality product from Mary Meyer makes for a great addition to your child's toy collection.
- Can be washed and air-dried with a washing machine
- Comes with a flexible loop to make it easily attachable to strollers
- You may need to be around your 12-month-old when playing with this product, as the small size means a possibility of being swallowed
Another wonderful product from VTech, the sit-to-stand learning walker helps simultaneously develop various abilities of your child including motor skills, musical curiosity, and familiarity with shapes, colors, and numbers.
- Activity board is made detachable, creating more avenue for fun and entertainment
- Perfect for stimulating walking ability
- Ships with a frustration-free packaging
- Activity panel takes some getting used to for baby
With an all-round child-friendly design, the One Two Squeeze baby block is fit for almost anything activity your baby might take them on with. The squeezable blocks come in a nice variety of colors, each with additional numbers and figures of animals.
- Packaged in a recyclable storage bag
- Squeezable and safe to play with, in any case of chomping
- Commendable customer service from manufacturers
- Relatively not as easy to clean as other toys
This timeless classic remains a kids' favorite for a good number of reasons. It is safe to nibble at, easy to hold for the infants and consistently amusing with its rattling sound.
- Capable of being refrigerated
- Easy to grasp design enhances a child's motor skills
- You might want to clean this teether often as it has been found to grow molds after some weeks of use
If you were thinking now is too early to get your little girl a name puzzle, you might be wrong. This decent offering from Kidzco is made from quality real wood and non-toxic paint, making it a good option to consider for your baby.
- An educative fun tool for learning
- Requires presence of parents because of the likelihood of choking
Here is more to feed the musical creativity of your 12-year-old baby girl. It is also a perfect tool to initiate learning of letters, numbers, and shapes. It is also very colorful, making it a sure delight for most infants.
- Easily adaptable with music and learning modes
- Bilingual language feature
- Ideal for long-term use
- Lightweight and prone to being pushed around or knocked down by infants
No products found.
No products found.
No products found.
Another effective product to help your child learn colors and shapes. The multiple ways in which this can be set up makes it a wonderful fun source for both indoor and outdoor play.
- Easily convertible design
- Additional spinning ball toy and piano
- Helpful in grooming motor skills
- Easy to carry about
- Requires close supervision by parents when being played with, as a safety precaution
It is a great product from a well-known manufacturer. Adorned with beautiful colors, the moose toy is also adequately made with soft materials, making it a pleasure for kids to touch and play with.
- The texture of antlers are decent for teething
- Tail rings make interesting sounds to stimulate baby's interest
- Ideal to carry around, and possesses clips for easy attachments to strollers and carriers
- The fur of the moose can be pulled off by kids
- Requires delicate washing
Get your child a pretend remote that feels and looks just like the real thing to them, while teaching them numbers, colors, and shapes. Interestingly, the volume and channel buttons on this product give your 12-month-old an early understanding of reverse functions.
- Offers a close real-life experience for kids
- Contains 9 engaging fun channels
- Effective volume control
- Encourages early TV watching
Game controllers take a while to get familiar with, even for adults. However, this colorful and exciting product from Fisher-Price will catch the fancy of your baby almost immediately. It also aids development, with a compilation of delightful songs, phrases, and sounds that teach numbers, letters, colors, etc.
- Educative and encourages creativity
- Promotes good motor skills
- Good money value
- Children might experience difficulty in holding the controller at first but will eventually get used to it.
The 36-piece set of letters and numbers provides an all-round enjoyable experience for you and your kid while bathing. They are made from durable materials and are capable of lasting for a long duration in childhood.
- Suitable for long term use
- Made from certified non-toxic materials
- Case of missing number(s)
Give your infant a handy experience with this soft baby book, specially crafted to satisfy your kid's learning needs, as well as to keep her feeling happy.
- High quality, non-toxic materials
- Soft and satisfying to touch
- Easily washable
- Slightly more expensive than other cloth books
Brief Shopping Guide for a 12-month-old Girl
Either shopping for your daughter or buying a gift for a friend or family with a 12-month-old girl, you'll need to look out specifically for a few things to ensure you're getting the right item.
This age is delicate and introduces some of the first opportunities for learning. When getting a toy, it is important to consider the educational benefits it comes with.
A toy that enhances learning is most helpful for the child's development. Also, it is common knowledge that babies try to put a lot of things in their mouths. Guess what they fiddle with the most? Their playthings! You must ensure that your new purchase is 100% safe to play with and devoid of non-toxic materials that could pose a threat to the health of your baby.
Also, take note of the materials used in making the toy and try to estimate its durability. Finally, paying close attention to the behavior and needs of the child should be your foremost guide on what toys to get for them.
FAQs on Toys for 12-Month-Old girls
What toys are a must-have for my 12-month-old baby girl?
All of the above-listed products are great to have for your kid. However, if you have limited selection; ensure to get your baby at least one each of a musical toy, a night time companion, an activity table and walking toy. Nevertheless, be sure to purchase as much of the other mentioned products as you can.
What skills do I need to look out for in my kid?
At 12 months, development is steady and noticeable under normal conditions. Motor skills should be observed to improve, usually including graduation from crawling to walking. Also, speech abilities might begin to surface through blab sounds and mumbling.
Despite all of these products being great offerings from various manufacturers, choices will vary. You can guide your kid through familiarization with new toys. Also, you don't have to shell out a lot of money to get a good toy. Going with these best product suggestions, good decision making will get you the right choice for your kid.