Some of the links in this post may earn me money when you purchase from them. This is at no extra cost to you, but helps me out. See the disclosure page for more information.
Difficult. Life-changing. Stressful. These are all words used by people who are planning to pack up their homes and put them on the market for greener pastures. No one wants to go through all that bother of selling their house and moving to an unfamiliar place, but there are some really good reasons that people do choose to do it.
Big challenges are not always smooth riding in life, but sometimes the effort is totally worth the end result. Big challenges in life are rarely done on a whim and are usually undertaken after a lot of research into a cheap removalist, conversation and analysing the costs involved. This is anywhere from marriage to buying a new home. People all around the globe pack up and move every day but understanding why anyone would want to put a ton of effort into a move is unfathomable for those who have no plans to move from their homes. There are plenty of reasons that people wake up one day and want a change, and if you’ve ever been curious to those reasons, we’ve put together five of them below.
- Size. When a first home is purchased, it’s usually a smaller place to fit a single person or a couple. As a family grows, more space is needed so this can trigger the search for a new house. The opposite is also true; as the nest emptied of all the little birds, a couple could find themselves rattling around a huge house and need to put it up for sale so that they can downsize to something smaller and more suitable for them.
- Cost. Houses are not cheap. They’re the big-ticket item in life, and sometimes those interest rates can climb, making mortgage payments too much. Downsizing to a home that fits the budget isn’t always the plan, but it’s the smart option when things become unmanageable. For some, they’ve been renting for years and they’ve finally got the money together to put a deposit down on a home – exciting!
- Upgrading. It’s common for a family to buy a home that is in a less-than-desirable area or needs a lot of work as a starter home. When your salary goes up, it’s normal to want to sell the home you’ve bought in the cheaper area and upgrade to a home in a more desirable suburb.
- Relationship Change. Marriages break down and people pass away, prompting the need for a move to a new home in a fresh area or a more comfortable price. No one wants a relationship to change for the worst after they’ve got a home together, but it’s something that happens in life that’s unfortunate.
- Job Change. Relocating to a new area because of a new job or better job prospects happens all the time, and sometimes this can take you worldwide.
A house move is a big deal, and it should never be entered into lightly. Planning is key and you should be ready for a lot of upheaval.
Hop on the Happy Homemaking Train
Subscribe to get the latest and greatest from hampersandhiccups.com
You'll be informed of great new posts, special offers, give-aways, FREEBIES and more! Plus you'll be automatically entered into any new opt-ins (which you can unsubscribe from at any time).
Don't miss out on a thing, join up now!