I've been nominated for my very first blogging award! Janita from tylerbelle.com has nominated Hampers and Hiccups for The Mystery Blogger Award! I must say, I'm shocked, honoured, and quite honestly giddy! Thank you Janita!
As a favour to me, please hop over to her site and poke around a bit. She blogs about all things parenting, just like me! I love that she lives pretty close to me (relatively speaking) and has a super down-to-earth outlook on the whole life thing. She's also perfectly active on twitter, so be sure to follow her over there, too.
- Put the award logo/image on your blog.
- List the rules.
- Thank whomever nominated you, and provide a link to their blog.
- Mention the creator of the award and provide a link to their blog.
- Tell your readers 3 things about yourself .
- Answer the 5 questions from the person who nominated you.
- Nominate other bloggers.
- Notify the nominees that you have nominated them for the award.
- Ask your nominees any 5 questions of your choice, with one weird or funny question.
- Share a link to your best post.
The creator of the Mystery Blogger Award is Okoto Enigma check out her lifestyle and travel blog here.
Three Facts About Myself!
- I have the foulest mouth of any woman I know. I don't openly unleash my cursing powers, but those who know me well know my favourite word is one of the worst.
- I have conflicting desires. One minute I want to be pioneers and live totally off the grid. The next, I'm looking at “for sale” signs in town.
- I always wanted a huge family, 4-6 kids. We have 2 now and that's the way it's going to stay.
Questions that Janita asked me!
What were you like in highschool? Have you changed much?
This question made me laugh out loud – for real, like. I was the biggest party girl and could drink a lot of guys (including my now husband) under the table. I was in it for the fun and would often get creative to make every gathering exciting for me and my friends. Partying every night of the weekend and some weekdays was the norm.
I've only changed because I don't have the opportunity to go to highschool parties now! I joke. Honestly, I would love to party it up with my old friends and have the time of our lives. Unfortunately, I would have to recover for a week afterwards. My kids are my world and I wouldn't change being a mom for anything. My husband and I still like to have a good time and socialize with our friends, but I'm a lot more respectful and grown up now. I think 🙂
What are your middle name/names? Were you named after anyone?
Marie is my middle name. And my mom's. And her mom's. After that it gets foggy. Fun fact, it's also my MIL's middle name. And, in case you're wondering, no, we did not use Marie as the second name for our daughter!
What is your favourite flavour of gum?
This is kinda arbitrary for me. I love bubble gum. The super sugary and extra flavoured kind. I don't even know if I could distinguish the alleged flavours. I'll eat any gum that is meant for kids. And yes, I said eat. I've always ate my gum! No negative side effects – I promise.
What is your favourite thing about blogging?
This is tough. I love the writing. I can sit at the computer and type for what feels like 30 minutes only to realize it's been over 2 hours. I also enjoy meeting new people and being part of a community. Growing my skills and sharing my experiences to help other women is pretty powerful, too.
If you were arrested with no explanation, what would your friends and family assume you did?
That's a good question! Probably assault or threatening, as embarrassing as that is. I have a temper and a foul mouth (as mentioned) and if someone crosses me on the wrong day they'll get the bad end of both.
The people I'm nominating are women who I've been in contact with recently and who are genuine, kind and willing to help. I believe they're all new bloggers, too, so show them some love!
Questions for my Nominees!
- What is your most favourite place in the world? That one spot you could sit at for hours on end and never tire of it.
- If you could give one piece of advice to your past self, what would it be?
- How do you fold a fitted sheet?
- How do you make the most of the life you're living right now?
- What's your favourite way to communicate with friends + family?
Thanks again to Janita! This was really fun and new for me.
If you're new to my blog, one of my most popular posts recently is My Top Tip for a Quick + Easy Labour